When seeking an affordable law school, value should be as important as cost. The University of South Dakota School of Law is a rare combination of affordability and quality. We are ranked sixth in the nation of 25 Top Best Value Law Schools by National Jurist. We received this ranking in part because our students carry the lowest average student load debt in the nation. Beyond low tuition, USD Law in a national leader in judicial clerkships and boasts a 91% job placement rate*. As a student you’ll have the opportunity to join the Student Bar Associations and participate with our nationally recognized Trial Team. At the USD School of Law, we combine a practical curriculum with a uniquely personal, and engaging learning environment that prepare our students for life-long career success.
Awards and Accolades
- Ranked sixth in the nation of 25 Top Best Value Law Schools by National Jurist citing lowest average student loan debt in the nation at $55,609
- Ranked sixth in the nation in improved employment outcomes by a study conducted by the National Jurist.
- Ranked in the top ten law schools in the country for placement in state and local clerkships according to a report by the legal industry publication, Law.com
- Ranked in the 10 Law Schools Whose Grads Get Judicial Clerkships by US News.
USD Law at a Glance
- Established in 1901
- Member of the Association of American Law Schools since 1907
- Accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) since 1923 (the first year accreditation began)
- 91% job placement rate*
- 12 Course Tracks that allow you to focus your education
- 12 Joint Degree options including M.B.A.
*2016 job placement 10 months post-graduation