University Libraries reports statistics on library collections, expenditures, facilities and services.
Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- View both ACRL and National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) academic library statistics from 2000 to today.
- Find Integrated Postsecondary Education Statistics (IPEDS) data specific to academic libraries.
National Center for Education Statistics Academic Libraries Survey
- View library data collected biennially from 3,700 degree-granting post-secondary institutions.
Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL)
- Published since 1978, the annual statistics provides comparative data on significant characteristics of collections, expenditures, personnel and services in medical school libraries in the United States and Canada.
Surveys and Studies
The project defines and measures library service quality across institutions and creates useful quality assessment tools for libraries.
Survey results from previous years:
- LibQual+ 2018 Survey Results
- LibQual+ 2015 Survey Results
- LibQUAL+ 2012 Survey Results
- LibQUAL+ 2009 Survey Results
MINES for Libraries™
Measuring the Impact of Networked Electronic Resources ™ (MINES) was developed by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL).
It is an online survey that collects data on demographics and the purpose for using the licensed electronic resources.