Dean of Libraries Welcome
The University Libraries strives to advance the teaching, learning, and research priorities of the University of South Dakota by providing services in discovering, accessing, and using authoritative resources and collections.
Our services are delivered by library and information professionals located at I.D. Weeks Library on the Vermillion campus, the Wegner Health Science Information Center on the USD Sanford School of Medicine campus in Sioux Falls, and the USD Community Center for Sioux Falls.
Services and Programs for Faculty, Students, and Staff Include:
- Archives and Special Collections
- Book Collections Spanning 16th to 21st Centuries
- Citation Management Software and Help
- Copyright Consultation
- Data Management Consultation
- Discovery of E-Resources and Collections
- E-collaborative Study Rooms and Spaces
- Information Literacy and Research Instruction
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- Course Reserves
- Research Consultation
- Study Rooms for Groups and Individuals
- South Dakota Oral History Center
- Subject Guides
- Subject Specialists
- Technology-equipped Classrooms
As part of South Dakota’s flagship university, the University Libraries serves K-12 teachers and students with their information needs; faculty, students, and researchers at the South Dakota National Institutes of Health INBRE institutions; and biomedical research and health care professionals throughout the state. We are proud to serve South Dakotans.