The Autism Spectrum Disorders Handbook is a product of our Autism Spectrum Disorders Program. The handbook is made possible in part by a grant from the South Dakota Council on Developmental Disabilities.
The information contained in the Autism Spectrum Disorders Handbook reflects the most up-to-date information available. The handbook is designed only as an informational resource and is not intended to replace the advice of professionals trained in the treatment of autism spectrum disorders.
Topics in the Autism Spectrum Disorders Handbook
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders or Autism Spectrum Disorders: An Overview
- Asperger's Disorder
- Characteristics and Early Indicators of Autism
- Characteristics of Effective Intervention
- Evaluating Interventions
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Discrete Trial Training
- Structured Teaching
- Visual Schedules
- Picture Exchange Communication System
- Positive Behavioral Support
- Social Stories
- Comic Strip Conversations
- Educational Issues
- Child Care
- Sibling Issues
The Autism Spectrum Disorders Handbook is available in an alternative format upon request. To request an alternate format, contact us by phone at 800-658-3080 or 605-357-1439 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have difficulty downloading the Autism Spectrum Disorders Handbook, download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.