The following resources are available at the Wegner Health Science Information Center, of which we are a partner. To check out any of these resources, contact the Wegner Center at the address listed below or at a local library via an interlibrary loan. Please identify yourself as a Center for Disabilities patron when requesting materials from the Wegner Center.
Communication Skills Development
- Baby Signing Time!
This video combines sign-along songs, playful animation and the positive reinforcement of signing babies to teach communication with American Sign Language (ASL).
Produced by Two Little Hands Productions
Call Number - Wegner Electronic: HV 2476 B115b 2008
- A Co-active Sign System for Deaf-Blind Children
A series of videos that teach 12 beginning co-active sign lessons essential for the deaf-blind, as well as backup co-active sign vocabulary designed to supplement and expand the vocabulary of a child who is deaf-blind.
Produced by SKI-HI Institute
Call Number - Wegner Electronic: WV 271 C652 1991
- Learning American Sign Language: Levels I & II - Beginning and Intermediate
Written by Tom Humphries and Carol Padden with illustrations by Rob Hills, Peggy Lott and Daniel W. Renner
Call Number - Wegner Books: HV 2474 H862 2004
- Promoting Learning Through Active Interaction: A Guide to Early Communication with Young Children who have Multiple Disabilities
Video Produced by Diane M. Klein
Call Number - Wegner Electronic: HV 888 K57 1999
- Cortical Vision Impairment: An Approach to Assessment and Intervention
Written by Christine Roman-Lantzy
Call Number - Wegner Books: WW 600 R758 2007
- Cortical Vision Impairment (CVI) Perspectives
This video explores cortical visual impairment from medical, educational and personal perspectives.
Produced by American Printing House for the Blind
Call Number - Wegner Electronic: WW 276 C829 2005
- Supporting Young Adults who are Deaf-Blind in Their Communities: A Transition Planning Guide for Service Providers, Families and Friends
Edited by Jane M. Everson
Call Number - Wegner Books: WV 271 S959 1995
- Welcoming Students who are Deaf-Blind into Typical Classrooms: Facilitating School Participation, Learning and Friendships
Edited by Norris G. Haring and Lyle T. Romer
Call Number - Wegner Books: WV 271 W442 1995