Acceptance letters may be mailed anytime between November and March. The letters for the final accepted group, alternate list and non-acceptances are mailed no later than March 31.
- Accepted students must secure their position in the class within two weeks by signing a notarized form sent to them and depositing $100 toward their tuition.
- The USD SSOM follows the AAMC Application and acceptance protocols, including the new "Choose Your Medical School Tool" from AMCAS. The following link includes our specific acceptance protocols.
- An accepted student may withdraw from USD SSOM three weeks to the start of orientation and receive a refund of their $100 deposit.
- Prior to matriculation, accepted applicants must submit transcripts of all college credits earned, indicating at least 90 semester credit hours or a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Prior to matriculation, accepted applicants will be notified about the process and timing for submitting and successfully completing a student background check.
- Date of matriculation: July 19, 2021 with orientation on July 19-23, 2021.