Thank you for your interest in the Sanford School of Medicine cardiovascular disease fellowship program located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Acceptance into our program requires:
- Completion of an accredited three-year residency in internal medicine
- Commitment to completion of a three-year fellowship in our cardiovascular fellowship program
- Successful completion of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) exam for advancement
- Successful completion of the internal medicine board exam
- Commitment to sitting for the cardiovascular disease subspecialty board examination after successful completion of the fellowship
Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications for fellowship positions begin in July for the following academic year. Applications are due by September 1. The program participates in the Medical Specialties Matching Program.
Only the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview. The application must be completed and all required documentation must be received before an interview invitation will be extended.