We train competent, confident general surgeons in a supportive and educational environment. Our program provides a well-structured, collaborative work environment for training quality community and rural-based general surgeons.
- Accreditation for 15 residents in five-year program (three per year).
- Emphasis on compassion, integrity, responsiveness, accountability and respect for diversity.
- Faculty consists of general surgeons with extensive experience and expert specialists in an array of surgical fields.
- Wide range of hands-on experience and training, with rotations in general surgery (including rural surgery and trauma) at community-based, federal and urban teaching hospital systems.
- During the five-year program, residents will do clinical and/or outcome-based research and present at regional or national conferences.
The general surgery residency will fill three categorical PGY-1 positions for the 2019-2020 academic year. Applications will be accepted through ERAS only.