Offering a well-balanced, broad-based medical education that allows each resident to satisfy his or her specific needs and interests.
The Sanford School of Medicine Transitional Year Residency Program provides a broad-based clinical year as a foundation to:
- Enhance the patient care skills of recent graduates of this and other regional medical Schools.
- Enter a chosen categorical specialty training program or help facilitate a medical specialty career choice.
- Encourage the selection of this state or region as a location in which to practice.
- We provide a solid foundation in general medicine in a supportive environment, while offering diverse elective rotations which will support adult learners in tailoring to their specific career goals.
- We train residents to work in teams to help them succeed in inter-professional healthcare environments.
- We model and encourage consideration of an appropriate work life balance through various activities.
We allow you to tailor your curriculum to best prepare you for your future specialty.
Learn more about what it's like living in South Dakota's largest city and all the benefits that come with it.
We offer our residents a competitive benefits package.