Crews are finishing work this fall on more than 30 projects to maintain and upgrade the Vermillion and Sioux Falls campuses of the University of South Dakota.
The work by Facilities Management and Information Technology Services is part of USD’s commitment to update and beautify the campus, said Roberta Ambur, vice president of administration and technology.
In addition to construction of the new DakotaDome Arena and Track/Soccer Complex, which is progressing on schedule, here are some of the other major projects:
- Akeley Lawrence Physics Lab: remodel of four new research labs on the first floor and the department library and offices on the third floor;
- Churchill Haines Room 101: upgraded electrical system and lighting, new carpet, acoustical wall treatments and new auditorium seating; IT classroom technology for the auditoriums now includes new projection systems, updated audio/visual equipment and high-definition lecture capture equipment;
- Old Main: roof, exterior wood trim and flashings replaced; stair flooring replaced;
- Patterson Hall: mechanical systems improved, air conditioning installed and elevator for the building installed;
- Slagle Hall: air conditioning installed to the classrooms; replacement of bathroom fixtures;
- Shakespeare Garden/Julian Hall/Delzell/Service Center: new landscaping;
- Beede Bump: new convenience store and Papa John’s Pizza;
- Brookman Hall and North Complex: card access installed for washers/dryers.