VERMILLION, S.D. – The University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine’s Chapter of the Gold Humanism Society has announced its 2020 inductees.
Ten members of the medical school’s Class of 2021 and one medical school faculty member have been inducted into this honors society that recognizes outstanding humanistic characteristics, including compassion, altruism, integrity, empathy and service.
Medical students inducted include:
- David Arendt, Pierre, South Dakota
- Jordan Bormann, Parkston, South Dakota
- Ahna Buntrock, Eyota, Minnesota
- Mona El-Gayar, Madison, South Dakota
- Peter Franz, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Kristin Inman, Pierre, South Dakota
- Stephanie Kazi, Belle Fourche, South Dakota
- Avery Olson, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Ethan Paddock, Gilbert, Arizona
- Christopher VanHove, St. Louis Park, Minnesota
The medical school faculty member who was inducted is David B. Eaton, M.D., an internist in Rapid City, South Dakota. Dr. Eaton also serves as a clinical associate professor in the medical school’s Department of Internal Medicine.