VERMILLION, S.D. – The University of South Dakota Opera presents “Opera Pop-Ups,” a new series of live, outdoor concerts in Vermillion, Sioux Falls and Yankton.
The concerts will feature singers of USD Opera and a USD chamber orchestra conducted by Luis Viquez, D.M.A., assistant professor of clarinet and director of orchestras. Vocal direction is led by Tracelyn Gesteland, D.M.A., professor of voice/opera and the Walter A. and Lucy Yoshioka Buhler Endowed Chair.
They will perform fan-favorite arias and duets, including works by Puccini, Mozart, Gounod, Leoncavallo and many more.
Friday, April 30
- USD campus between Slagle Hall and Old Main, 12-1 p.m.
- Downtown Vermillion on the Platz, corner of Main and Market St., 5-6 p.m.
Saturday, May 1
- Levitt at the Falls, 504 N. Phillips Ave., Sioux Falls, 12-1 p.m.
- McKennan Park Bandshell, 1400 S. 3rd Ave., Sioux Falls, 3-4 p.m.
Sunday, May 2
- Riverside Park Amphitheater, 200 Levee St., Yankton, 2-3 p.m.
- Denisse Balandran, sophomore vocal performance; Storm Lake, Iowa
- Rachel Bozonie, sophomore music education and cello performance; Storm Lake, Iowa
- Adam Lange, junior vocal performance; Yankton, South Dakota
- Margaret Meierhenry, sophomore musical arts and political science; Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Lauren Paul, graduate vocal performance and music history; Evansville, Wisconsin
- Elisabeth Peirce, freshman vocal performance and music education; Elk Point, South Dakota
- Katelyn Privett, freshman music education; Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Michaela Rabideau, graduate vocal performance; Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Brian Shirley, freshman musical arts and business administration; Rapid City, South Dakota
Concerts are free and open to the public. Masks are requested.