I am an Assistant Professor in Kinesiology and Sport Management.
Applied Exercise Physiology
Research in Kinesiology
Exercise Prescription and Fitness Assessment
Examining barriers in resistance training among various ages, genders, and body types.
This research focuses on examining the real and perceived barriers of individuals reporting low participation in environments with resistance training activities. The targeted populations include females, specifically high school and college-aged, unfit males, and overweight and obese individuals. The examined environments include university facilities, high school physical education programs, and weight room spaces.
Examine the effects of a student readiness survey focused on embodiment and well-being and the impact on student success.
- Ph D, Kinesiology and Human Computer Interaction, Iowa State University, 2020
- MS, Exercise Science, Wayne State College, 2012
- BS, Sports Science, Briar Cliff University, 2009
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Schauf, M, Ramey, S, and Anderson, Amanda. Resilience Training Intervention: Lessons Learned from Milwaukee and Madison, 18-19. Vol. 87, Iss. 6 Police Chief Magazine, 2020.
- Ramey, S. , Perkhounkova, Y., Hein, M. , Bohr, N. L., and Anderson, Amanda. Testing a Resilience Training Program in Police Recruits: A Pilot Study, 440-449. Vol. 19, Iss. 4 . Biological Research for Nursing, 2017.
- Anderson, Amanda, Everding, B. , Hallam, J. E., Kohut, M.L., Lee, D.C., and Franke, W.D.. Association of sleep quality with cardiovascular disease risk and mental health in law enforcement officers. , e281-286. Vol. 58, Iss. 8 Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 2016.
- Anderson, Amanda, and Hyelim, Y.. Associations of physical activity and obesity to the risk of developing the metabolic syndrome in law enforcement officers. Vol. 58, Iss. 9 Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 2016.
- Ramey, S. L., Perkhounkova, Y., Hein, M., Chung, S., Franke, W.D., and Anderson, Amanda. Building resilience in an urban police department, 796-804. Vol. 58, Iss. 8 Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 2016.
- Ramey, S., Perkhounkova, Y., Hein, M. , Chung, S. , and Anderson, Amanda. Evaluation of Stress Levels Experienced by Dispatchers Employed in a Large Metropolitan Police Department, 287-294. Vol. 65, Iss. 7 Workplace Health & Safety, 2016.
- Anderson, Amanda, Keren, N. , Godby, K. M., Lilja, A.F., Gilbert, S. B., and Franke, W. D.. Utility of Baroreflex Sensitivity, 167-177. Vol. 10, Iss. 2 Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making, 2016.