Amy McTighe has worked for the University of South Dakota since 2003 and is the USD Nursing Site Director in Sioux Falls. Before working for USD, Amy worked in Labor/Delivery/Normal Newborn, the emergency department, and the Medical-Surgical unit. Amy has assisted in the revision of curriculum, concept development, simulation creation and implementation, laboratory skills creation and implementation, testing platforms, test item writing, clinical learning activities, interprofessional learning activity creation and implementation, and development of Professional Identity in Nursing development.
Maternal/Child Health, Med/Surg Nursing, Curriculum management and Curriculum revision, Leadership, Evidence-Based practice, and Interdisciplinary/Interprofessional education.
Curriculum revision, Civility, Professional Identity in Nursing development, Clinical learning activities, Interactive student learning in the classroom, Interdisciplinary/Interprofessional learning within nursing curriculum.
- MS, Nursing, University of Phoenix, 2006
- Certified Nurse Educator, NLN
- Registered Nurse, South Dakota Board of Nursing
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Ray, Annette, Hunsley, Amy, Koenecke, Lori, and Feller, Lisa. Low-fidelity simulation: Care of the post-CABG patient. QSEN.org.
- Feller, Lisa, Hunsley, Amy, Ray, Annette, and Lucia, Schliessmann S.. Rural South Dakota: The power of education and care delivery partnership., Editors Susan G. Slater, 40-43. Vol. 18, Iss. 1 Thousands Oaks, California: Home Healthcare Management and Practice, 2005.
- Nursing Excellence Award Excellence in Clinical Teaching, University of South Dakota Department of Nursing, 2017
- Excellence in Service Award, USD Nursing, 2015
- Ihnen, Natalie, Yockey, Jean, Casper-McLay, Heather, Lichtenberg, Michelle, Hunsley-McTighe, Amy, Barnable, Traci, Waters, Heidi, and Kleinhesselink, Anne, Using Implementation Science To Bring Order to Curricular Revision. Presented at the AACN Transform 2021 Conference, Dallas, TX. (December 2021)
- Yockey, Jean, Kleinhesselink, Anne, Pithan, Anne, Varenhorst, Lisa, and Hunsley, Amy, Pandemic Leadership: System-Level Success. Presented at the Avera EBP Conference, Sioux Falls, SD. (October 22, 2021)
- Yockey, Jean, Kleinhesselink, Anne, Pithan, Anne, Varenhorst, Lisa, Smith, Emily, Luken, Regan, and Hunsley, Amy, Living Catastrophe Theory Leads to Future Improvements. Presented at the Nuts&Bolts for Nurse Educators Conference, Minineapolis, MN. (August 2020)
- Ray, Annette, Hunsley, Amy, and Varty, Gayle, Building Innovative Quality Patient-Centered Care with Simulation. Presented at the Simulation in Healthcare: Where No One has Gone Before, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. (March 25, 2010)
- Koenecke, Lori, Hunsley, Amy, and Ray, Annette, Innovative Simulation Strategies in a Rural Setting. Presented at the Simulation in Healthcare: Where No One has Gone Before, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. (March 25, 2010)
- Hunsley, Amy, and Koenecke, Lori, Give Us One Good Reason Why Simulation Cannot Be Incorporated Into Your Curriculum?. Presented at the Midwest Nurse Educator's Academy, Grand Forks, ND. (May 18, 2009)
- Hunsley, Amy, and Ray, Annette, Promoting Health Through Mutually Valuable Partnerships. Presented at the International Nurse Educators Conference in the Rockies, Breckenridge, Colorado. (July 20, 2007)