General Psychology, and all applied fields (I/O Psychology, Human Factors, Consumer Psychology)
Mental Workload Measurement, Aviation Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Educational Technology, Neuroergonomics, Consumer Psychology
- Ph D, Applied Experimental Psychology, Kansas State University, 1998
- MS, Experimental Psychology, Kansas State University, 1995
- BS, Psychology, The University of South Dakota, 1991
- Assessment of bias in chronic pain reporting, Central Plains Regional Data Center, (2018 - 2019)
- Collaborative Research: NRT: Cyber-Physical-Social System for Understanding and Thwarting the Illicit Economy, National Science Foundation
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Sterling, Elizabeth, and Peterson, Douglas. Optimal Placement of Anti-Counterfeiting Indicators.. Vol. 64, Iss. 1 Los Angeles: Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting, 2020.
- Ellie, Arndt, and Peterson, Douglas. Experience Alters Perceptions of Educational Technology Acceptance among Adolescents.. In Proceedings of The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 62nd Annual Meeting.. Santa Monica, CA: Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, 2018.
- Peterson, Douglas, and Kozhokar, Denis. Peak-End Effects for Subjective Mental Workload Ratings. In Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting, 2052--2056. Vol. 61, Iss. 1
- Peterson, Douglas. Electronic textbooks: usability of advanced features a limiting factor, 360--377. Vol. 11, Iss. 4 International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organisation, 2017.
- Pauli, Wayne, and Peterson, Douglas. Piloting the E-Text in an Undergraduate Systems Analysis & Design Course.. In ESECON/CONISAR 2014 Proceedings. Chicago, IL: ESECON/CONISAR, 2015.
- Peterson, Douglas. Usability Heuristics for eText and Digital Course Materials. In EdMedia 2013 Proceedings, editors AACE, 6 pages. Iss. 2013 Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education, 2013.
- Nordyke, Shane, Braunstein, Richard, Benson, Nicholas, and Peterson, Douglas. SD2009-03 Evaluation of Driver Education in South Dakota.
- Peterson, Douglas. Usability theory, practice and evaluation for learning objects., Editors Koohang, A & Harman, K, 337-370. Santa Rosa, California: Informing Science Press, 2007.
- Hackemer, Kurt, and Peterson, Douglas. The University of South Dakota Palm Initiative: A Case Study. In Mobile Learning: A Handbook for Educators and Trainers, editors Agnes Kukulska-Hulme and John Traxler, 157-63. London: RoutledgeFalmer, 2005.
- Cutler Award, USD/College of Arts and Sciences, 2013
- Professor of the Year, Psi Chi/Psychology Club, 2009
- Belbas-Larson Award for Teaching Excellence (Tenure Track), University of South Dakota, 2002
- Honorary Member of Golden Key, Golden Key, 2000
- Professor of the Year, Order of Omega, 2000
- Faculty Member of the Year, P.E.R.F.E.C.T (Residential Life Program), 1998
- Sterling, Elizabeth, and Peterson, Douglas, Anti-Counterfeiting Warnings: Do they Influence Consumer Behavior and Perception of Overt Indicators?. Presented at the Human Factors Healthcare Symposium, New Orleans. (March 2022)
- Peterson, Doug A., User Experience and Service Design Practice Constituent Group Session. Presented at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, Denver. (October 30, 2018)
- Peterson, Doug A., Conducting Usability and User Experience Assessment for Educational Technology. Presented at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA. (October 2017)
- Peterson, Douglas, , , and , High Impact Practices - Local Considerations. Presented at the USD BOOST Confernce, USD Vermillion Campus. (October 2015)
- Fercho, Kelene, Peterson, Douglas, and Baugh, Lee A., A Rested Development: Task performance and ERP evidence of blocking as a form of coping with task-induced cognitive fatigue. . Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Nebraska Physiological Society, Vermillion, SD. (January 2015)
- Peterson, Douglas, Building Student Development into the NCHC Conference. Presented at the National Collegiate Honors Council Annual Meeting, Boston, MA. (November 16, 2012)