Earned both B.S. B.A. in Accounting and M.P.A. in Accounting from The University of Nebraska Lincoln. Prior to my academic teaching career I worked at Deloitte and Touche in the Audit and Assurance Services. While at Deloitte and Touche, my focuses were on the Insurance Industry and Higher Education compliance area.
Primary teaching interests are in financial accounting, data analytics and auditing.
Research interests lie in the areas of Financial Accounting, IFRS, Auditing, and Teaching Pedagogy.
- Other, Accounting, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, 2002
- BS, Business, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, 2001
- Certified Public Accountant, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Impact of Internal Control Mandates of SOX on US Companies, Beacom School of Business, (2016 - 2016)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Nasir, Murtaza , Simsek , Serhat, Cornelsen, Erin , Ragothaman, Srinivasan, and Dag, Ali. Developing a decision support system to detect material weaknesses in internal control. Decision Support Systems, 2021. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2021.113631)
- Ragothaman, Srinivasan, and Cornelsen, Erin . Characteristics of Firms with Material Weaknesses in Internal Control: An Empirical Analysis., Editors Samanthala Hettihewa and Christopher Wright, 63-72. Vol. 17, Iss. 4 Atlanta, Georgia: Journal of Accounting and Finance, 2017.
- Davies, Thomas T., Korte, Leon, and Cornelsen, Erin. Non-classroom Use of Presentation Software in Accelerated Classes: Student Use and Perceptions of Value , 37-44 (SPring 2016). Vol. 12, Iss. One Journal of Learning in Higher Education, 2016.
- Ragothaman, Srinivasan, and Cornelsen, Erin. An Empirical Analysis of Audit Committee Member Resignations Due to Policy Disputes with the Management. Vol. 15-21 Vermillion: Journal of Accounting and Finance, 2015.
- Ragothaman, Srinivasan, Cornelsen, Erin , and Van Sloten, Paul. Good Corporate Governance and Firm Characteristics: An Empirical Analysis., Editors Kent Tseng, 41-47. Vol. 7, Iss. 3 Taichung City, Taiwan: A.T. Business Management Review, 2011.
- Golden, Mckenna, Custis, Tyler, and Cornelsen, Erin , The Pursuit of Steady Growth: A Case Study of Brixmor Executive Fraud. Presented at the Beacom Scholar Series, Vermillion, SD. (April 22, 2020)