I am an Instructor of Accounting in the USD Beacom School of Business. I hold a BSBA, with a major in Accounting and an MPA from USD. Prior to coming to the USD Beacom School of Business, I spent 26 years as the Vice President/Chief Financial Officer at the USD Foundation. Prior to that I worked for RSM LLP as an auditor and Hawkeye Bancorporation (Des Moines, IA) as a staff accountant. I hold a CPA license and am active in the community using my accounting skills.
Not-for-Profit Accounting, Management Accounting, Governmental Accounting and Principles of Accounting.
Not-for-profit, governmental accounting, tax reform and teaching methodologies.
- Other, Accounting, University of South Dakota , 1989
- BS, Accounting, University of South Dakota, 1984
- CPA, South Dakota Board of Accountancy
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Davies, Karen, Davies, Thomas, and Carr, David. The Effect of Different Taxpayer Demographics on the Comparative Importance of a Tax System's Guiding Principles. Vol. 20, Iss. 5 Journal of Accounting and Finance, 2020.
- Ragothaman, Srinivasan, Chang, Daniel, and Davies, Karen. A Data Analytic Approach to Predicting Firms that Corrected Prior Period Misstatements . Vol. 19, Iss. 2 Journal of Accounting and Finance, 2019.
- Carr, David, Davies, Karen, and Davies, Thomas. The Comparative Importance of 10 Guiding Principles Relevant to Tax Legislation. Vol. 18, Iss. 8 Journal of Accounting and Finance, 2018.
- Outstanding Educator, South Dakota CPA Society, 2021
- FMA Outstanding Financial Executive, Beacom Finance Department, 2017
- Outstanding Service Award, Beacom Accounting & Finance Division, 2016
- Carr, David, Davies, Thomas, and Davies, Karen, Taxpayer Attitudes Towards 10 Guiding Principles of a Good Tax System: A Demographic Breakdown. Presented at the Midwestern Economics Association (COVID CANCELLED), Evanston, IL. (March 27, 2020)
- Carr, David, Davies, Karen, and Davies, Thomas, Tax Legislation and Related Policy Considerations. Presented at the Midwestern Economics Association, Evanston, IL. (March 23, 2018)