320 Center for Health Education
Resident of Springfield, SD and mother of 3. Dental Hygienist since 2009. Educator since 2012.
Periodontics. Life-long learning development through First Year Experience. Mindful class time. Role play and case-based classroom/clinical immersion.
Educational Strategies for Clinical Application. Motivational Interviewing. Research Self-Efficacy. Empathic reasoning.
- MS, Dental Hygiene, Eastern Washington University, 2013
- BS, Dental Hygiene, University of South Dakota, 2009
- Local Anesthesia, SD Board of Dentistry
- Nitrous Oxide , SD Board of Dentistry
- Registered Dental Hygienist, South Dakota State Board of Dentistry
- SBIRT, South Dakota Department of Social Services, (2022 - 2022)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Williams, Katie K., Stolberg, Rebecca, O'Kelley-Wetmore, Ann, Porter, Jeanette, Jackson, Sarah, and Van Son, Catherine . Annals of Long Term Care, 19-24. Vol. 24, Iss. 7 Annals of Long Term Care.
- South Dakota Dental Hygienist of the Year, South Dakota Dental Hygienists' Association, 2018
- Williams, Katie, Conflict Management. Presented at the LEADE 2022, Webinar. (June 2022)
- Dittberner, Melissa, Williams, Katie, and Wendel, Tasha, Significant Learning for Health Sciences Students. Presented at the SITE Annual 2022, San Diego, CA. (April 2022)
- Williams, Katie, Dittberner, Melissa, and Wendel, Tasha, Course Design: A Flipped Approach. Presented at the ADEA Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA. (March 2022)
- Williams, Katie, and Regnerus, Carissa, Teaching Motivational Interviewing Using OSCEs. Presented at the ADEA Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA. (March 2022)
- Williams, Katie, Conflict Management. Presented at the LEADE 2021, Webinar. (June 07, 2021)
- Wendel, Tasha, Williams, Katie, and Dittberner, Melissa, Significant Learning. Presented at the Teaching and Prevention: Promoting Adaptability, Resiliency, and Sustainability, Online. (March 09, 2021)
- Wendel, Tasha, Williams, Katie, Dittberner, Melissa, Cassanova, Tallie, and Kassin, Katie, Screening and Prevention., online. (March 05, 2021)
- Williams, Katie, Conflict Management. Presented at the LEADE 2020, Webinar. (October 12, 2020)
- Williams, Katie, Periodontics Update 2019. Presented at the Dakota Days CE, Vermillion, SD. (October 04, 2019)
- Williams, Katie, Oral Health Education for Nursing Home Staff: Minimum Data Set 3.0.. Presented at the ADHA Annual Meeting, Boston, MA. (June 20, 2013)