Dr. Bass earned his Masters of Social Work degree from the University of Nebraska-Omaha, and later completed his doctorate in clinical social work and leadership at the University of Tennessee. Dr. Bass has clinical experinece in mental health treatment to at-risk youth, families, and adults who are involved in the social services and court system through forensic evaluations, crisis intervention, and ongoing clinical treatment.
Mental health assessment and treatment. Clinical practice with children, adolescent, young adults, and families. Clinical supervision and leadership.
Social work practice and clinical license supervision. Integrating community and institutional interventions and service delivery found at the intersection of healthcare disciplines. Interventions for improving outcomes for vulnerable populations (e.g., adults, youth, and children with mental illnesses) in the criminal justice, mental health and welfare systems.
- Ph D, Clinical Social Work , University of Tennessee - Knoxville, 2015
- MS, Advanced Generalist Social Work, University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2001
- BS, Generalist Social Work, University of Sioux Falls, 1998
- Approved Clinical Supervisor, Center for Credentialing and Education
- Child and Adolescent Forensic Mental Health , New York University
- LCSW-PIP, South Dakota Licensing Board
- Licensed Certified Social Worker, Association of Social Work Boards
- Practice preparedness from the perspectives and experiences of clinical social work supervisors, Association of Social Work Boards, (2019 - 2020)
- ASWB Path to Licensure, Association of Social Work Boards, (2017 - 2018)
- Using Case-Based Learning to Increase Understanding, Promote Competency, and Build Confidence in Child Maltreatment Practitioners, the National Child Welfare Workforce Institute (NCWWI)., (2021 - 2022)
- Opioid Training Grant, State of South Dakota Division of Behavioral Health, (2018 - 2020)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Bass, Kelly K.. Curricular Guide for Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health and Developmental Neuroscience. Alexandria, Virginia: Council on Social Work Education, 2021.
- BASS, KELLY K.. Differences in Perspective: Reframing in Social Work, 8-10. Vol. Fall, Iss. 2021 Harrisburg, PA: The New Social Worker, 2021.
- Bass, Kelly. Supporting South Dakota Student's Return to School. Child and Adult Advocacy Studies Webinar Series. SIOUX FALLS: Center for the Prevention of Child Maltreatment, 2020.
- Bass, Kelly, and Cerny, Shana. Child and Adult Advocacy Studies - Certificate Program.
- Bass, Kelly. University of South Dakota Path to Licensure Program. Vermillion, SD: University of South Dakota, 2019.
- Bass, Kelly. Education, experience, and exam, 1. Iss. Summer Culpepper, VA: Association of Social Work Board, 2018.
- Bass, Kelly. Curricular Guide for Licensing and Regulation. Alexandria, Virginia: Council on Social Work Education, 2018.
- Bass, Kelly K.. From Practitioner to Supervisor: A Phenomenological Study About Transition and Readiness for Licensed Supervisory Practice in the Social Work Profession. In Association of Social Work Boards. Culpepper, Virginia: ASWB.
- Bass, Kelly, and Cerny, Shana. Child and Adult Advocacy Studies Needs Assessment. In University of South Dakota. Vermillion, SD: USD.
- Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching Nominee, University of South Dakota, 2021
- Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching Nominee, University of South Dakota, 2020
- 2015 EPAS Social Work Accreditation Program Site Visitor , Council on Social Work Education, 2019
- Management Development Program Scholar, Harvard Institutes for Higher Education, 2018
- Sigma Theta Honorary Member, Phi Alpha Honor Society, 2018
- Path to Licensure Scholar, Association of Social Work Boards, 2017
- Outstanding Service Award: Family Based Services, SD Department of Corrections, 2004
- Recipient of the Rural Health Care Association Scholarship, Rural Health Care Association, 2001
- Cerny, Shana, Bass, Kelly, Sanderson, Carrie, and Thomas, Tracy, Child & Adult Advocacy : Meeting the Need for Multidisciplinary Prevention &Response. Presented at the INSPIRE 2023, Kansas City, MO. (April 23, 2023)
- Bass, Kelly, In the Shadows: Adolescent Boys in Distress. Presented at the Community Response to Child Abuse Conferencce, Virtual. (October 01, 2020)
- Bass, Kelly, and Cerny, Shana, Child Advocacy Competency among Professionals and Students Working in Social, Health, and Education Services in SD. Presented at the Community Response to Child Abuse Conference, Virtual. (September 30, 2020)
- Bass, Kelly, From Practitioner to Supervisor: Preparing for Licensed Supervisory Practice. Presented at the Association of Social Work Board Education Conference, Chicago, Illinois. (April 23, 2020)
- Bass, Kelly, The Impact Experience and Training has on Clinical Supervisor Competencies. Presented at the Eleventh International Interdisciplinary Conference on Clinical Supervision, Garden City, NY. (June 01, 2015)
- Bass, Kelly, A Framework for Clinical Supervision: Juvenile Delinquency. Presented at the National Forensic of Social Work Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA. (September 25, 2009)