212 Beacom Hall
Prior to joining the Beacom faculty, Tom spent 22 years on active duty in the United States Army, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel in 2013. He earned a B.S. in History from South Dakota State University in 1989 and an M.S. in Logistics Management from the Florida Institute of Technology in 2004.
Production and Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Project Management.
Continued advancement of technology and effects on supply chains.
- MS, Logistics Management, Florida Institute of Technology, 2004
- BS, History, South Dakota State University, 1989
- Minnehaha County Facility Evaluation and Planning Recommendations, Minnehaha County Commision, (2016 - 2017)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Tracy, Dan, and Martin, Tom. Lean Operations Management, 2nd Edition, 186. Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishing, 2019.
- George, Benjamin, Tracy, Dan, and Martin, Tom. Minnehaha County Facility Evaluation and Planning Recommendations, 75.
- Tracy, Dan, and Martin, Tom. Lean Operations Management, 184. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, 2015.
- Educator of the Year, Beacom School of Business, 2022
- LINKS Instructor Hall of Fame, LINKS Simulations, 2019
- Martin, Tom, Developing Project Management Training. Presented at the PMI Siouxland Chapter Monthly Meeting, Sioux Falls-University Center. (January 14, 2019)
- Martin, Tom, How To Achieve Success When You Are Not Really In Charge. Presented at the PMI Siouxland Chapter Annual Symposium, Sioux Falls. (October 25, 2018)
- Martin, Tom, Leading Through Chaos: Project Management During A Natural Disaster. Presented at the Project Management Institute Symposium, Sioux Falls, SD. (September 19, 2017)
- Martin, Tom, Space Utilization Study Findings. Presented at the Minnehaha County Commissioners Presentation, Minnehaha Court House, Sioux Falls, SD. (June 06, 2017)
- George, Benjamin, Tracy, Dan, and Martin, Tom, Minnehaha County Facility Evaluation and Planning Recommendations., Souix Falls, SD. (June 06, 2017)