Dr. Vijayalakshmi Saravanan is currently working as Assistant Professor, Computer Science, at the University of South Dakota. Prior to this, she was a Visiting Assistant Professor, Computer Science, Vassar College, NY and an Adjunct Faculty at Rochester Institute of Technology, USA. Earlier she was a Postdoctoral Associate at University at Buffalo, SUNY, USA and University of Waterloo, Canada under the prestigious "Schlumberger Faculty for the Future" Fellowship award (2015-2017). She completed her Ph.D. under the prestigious Erasmus Mundus EU-Govt Fellowship award at Malardalen University, Sweden as a research exchange student. Prior to this, she was Assistant Professor of Practice at UTSA, USA. She is serving as a program committee member for reputed conferences & journals such as GHC, SIGCSE and Springer. Her research interests include Power-Aware Processor Design, Big Data and SW/HW Co-Design of MultiCore Architecture. She is also a lead editor for Pattern Recognition Letters (2020), Special Issue of Multimedia Tools and Applications (2020) and CRC Press Taylor & Francis, USA. She is a Senior Member of IEEE, ACM, ACM Distinguished speaker, CSI and Chair of IEEE WIE Affinity Group at VIT University during 2009-2015, Chair of NPA (National Postdoctoral Association) Annual Meetings and a Board Member of N2WOMEN. She is a recipient of SRP-HPC ECP Fellow.
Data Science, Big Data, Machine learning, Data Mining, Data Visualization, HPC, AI and Computer Architecture
Big Data, HPC, AI and Computer Architecture
- Other, Computer Science and Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada, 2017
- Other, Computer Science and Engineering, University at Buffalo, USA, 2016
- Ph D, Computer Science and Engineering, VIT, 2014
- MS, Computer Science, M.S University, 2002
- BS, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bharathiar University, 1999
- AI for Everyone deeplearning.ai, deeplearning.ai
- Postdoctoral Scholars Teaching Training for Academic Careers Certificate Program, University at Buffalo, USA
- EMC certified "Data Scientist" professional; EMC verified certificate Data Science Associate (EMCDSA), EMC
- EMC Data Lakes for Big Data , EMC
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Saravanan, Vijayalakshmi, and Singh, Akansha. Machine Learning & Internet of Things (IoT) for Urban Intelligence. In Machine Learning & Internet of Things (IoT) for Urban Intelligence.
- Saravanan, Vijayalakshmi, and Alagan, Anpalagan. Securing IoT and Big Data: Towards Next Generation Intelligence. In Securing IoT and Big Data: Towards Next Generation Intelligence.
- US DoE (Department of Energy) SRP-HPC ECP Fellow, DoE, 2022
- ACM Distinguished Speaker Program (DSP), ACM, 2020
- Schlumberger Foundation "Faculty for the Future" PostDoc Award, Schlumberger, 2015
- Senior Member, IEEE, IEEE, 2014
- Erasmus-Mundus EU-Government Doctoral Fellowship, Erasmus-Mundus, 2009
- IEEE-WIE(Women in Engineering), Chair, Affinity Groups, IEEE, 2009