Awards must be processed through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, because they are awarded to the University of South Dakota. Our staff will review agency guidelines for accepting an award, work with faculty members on any necessary budget revisions, and formally accept the award if signatures are required.
- Send award to ORSP for review.
- ORSP will review and negotiate any terms and conditions as necessary.
- Our staff will work with the faculty member to review the budget to match award.
- Confirm that the faculty member is comfortable with all reporting requirements and scope of work to be completed under the award’s contractual arrangement.
- ORSP will ensure it is fully executed. The vice president for research is USD’s authorized official to sign.
- ORSP will send the fully executed award to Grants Accounting, who will setup the index and fund number to facilitate spending.
- ORSP will create and send out any subaward agreements, if applicable.
When an award is received, a faculty member will be working with both Sponsored Programs and Grants Accounting on different aspects of award management. Sponsored Programs will work with a faculty member to submit proposals, process awards and award amendments, process subawards and subaward amendments, no-cost extensions and re-budgeting. Grants Accounting will work with the faculty member with invoicing, subrecipient monitoring, accounting variances, time and effort reporting, cost share tracking, and financial reports. Grants Accounting can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 605-658-3647.