Skip to main content
Pit Lounge

Coyote Card

A safe and convenient way to buy the things you need.

The Coyote Card Office is now located in the I.D. Weeks Library, room 104.

Coyote Card

Your Coyote Card is your single most important piece of identification at USD. This multi-purpose ID will be your identification, meal and library card. You will use your card for residence hall access, laundry and vending machines, photocopies, printing, supplies and books and even as a debit card that can be used with campus and community vendors. Note: off-campus vendors accept Coyote Cash only.

How to Request Your Coyote Card Official Student ID

You can get your student USD ID by completing the Student ID Request Application. You will need the following information to complete the form:

  • Your student ID number
  • A copy of a government issued identification
  • A head shot (no particular size requirement)
  • Your ID will be mailed to the home address that is listed through the Admissions Office if request is made prior to three weeks before the semester start date. Requests submitted after this date will be held at the Coyote Card Office.
  • Please indicate if you are a undergraduate or graduate student

* Replacement IDs can be requested by calling 605-658-3559 or emailing coyoteid@usd.eduYou will be charged a $20 replacement cost fee using Coyote Cash or a credit card payment via phone.

Coyote Cash can be added to your Coyote Card ID here.  

Your Mobile ID

Your mobile Coyote Card is now on your iPhone, Apple Watch and Android phones!

The new Coyote Card Mobile ID is available to all enrolled students and current employees. Tap your iPhone, Apple Watch or Android phone at readers across campus to conveniently access your Coyote Card. You’ll still have your physical card, and now you can add your mobile Coyote Card either to one iPhone and one Apple Watch, or one Android phone. 

Pay for any purchase with a single swipe - no change to carry, no receipt to sign - and because your photo is on the card, vendors are able to verify your identity before each transaction.

Installing Coyote Card Mobile

Using Coyote Card Mobile

Submitting Photo for Coyote Card

Types of Funds

There are three types of funds administered through your Coyote Card:

Coyote Cash - Coyote Cash is essentially a debit account that can be used at all flex locations, as well as many locations around Vermillion. Coyote Cash funds can be used all year round and remain on your account per policy. You may also use Coyote Cash at on-campus vending and laundry machines, as well printing finds when printing Pharos funds have been depleted. Please view the list of accepted vendors.

Flex - Flex dollars are the dollars that will come out of your selected meal plan each semester. You may carry over flex dollars from fall to spring semesters, but you CANNOT carry over after the spring semester. If you run out of flex, you may purchase additional add-on flex dollars. Remember to keep an eye out for promotions featured by Campus Dining! Bonus Flex dollars are frequently offered as an extra incentive to add flex money to your account. Please view the list of accepted vendors.

Students can now use flex dollars to donate to Charlie's CupboardThere are special areas set up at Beede Bump and Coyote Village P.O.D. set aside to show items Charlie's Cupboard has specifically requested.  

Pharos - Any USD student with a current Coyote Card and USD username and password can print in any of the labs where Pharos Uniprint is available. Please visit the Coyote Card Office in the MUC to obtain a Coyote Card and visit Accounts Pickup to determine your USD username. There is a $28 Pharos allotment for each academic year. Once this allotment has been depleted you can add Coyote Cash for printing. There is a $0.07 charge per page for black and white printing and a $0.42 charge per page for color printing.

Where to use Pharos? You can use Pharos at the following locations:

  • Academic Commons (first floor I.D. Weeks Library)
  • School of Business Lab (Beacom 240)
  • School of Education Lab (Delzell 109)
  • Computer Science Lab (McKusick 201)
  • University Housing Labs
  • Media & Journalism (Al Neuharth 207)
  • School of Medicine
  • Law School