Center for Diversity & Community
Striving to uphold the excellence of our communities.
Striving for Excellence
The Center for Diversity and Community (CDC) is here to serve the diversity and inclusiveness needs of the USD student body and in particular, support communities that have historically been marginalized. Our office utilizes a broad and inclusive definition of diversity that includes disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, race/ethnicity, nationality, veteran status and other social identities that are part of the campus community.
Services & Programming
Our office offers a wide variety of services and programming to meet the needs of our students:
- Cultural, social and retention support programming
- Student leadership engagement, development and training
- Advisement and support for student organizations
- Celebration, education and recruitment activities to support diversity
- Educational opportunities to enrich and support the USD academic mission
The University of South Dakota's Nepalese Student Association (NSA), in partnership with the Center for Diversity and Community (CDC) and the International Club, hosted the Holi Festival for the second year in a row on campus to celebrate life and the victory of good over evil.
Talking Change, Making Change is a critical dialogue and action program that aims to help facilitate in-depth discussion to motivate positive social action.