SGA offers funds for projects related to sustainability.
All applicants must submit a brief grant proposal.
Final deadline for grant proposal submission: October 31, 5 p.m. CST
The Green Initiative Fund Application Committee will review grant proposals and invite a limited number of projects to present their grant proposal during the week of Nov. 12. Grant recipients will be announced by the end of November.
Grant Proposal Requirements:
- PDF or Word document format, minimum 12-point font and one-inch margins; should not exceed two pages
- Include the project leader's name, phone number and email in the document header
- Include the title of the project
- Include a summary of the project that contains:
- The overall purpose and goals of the project
- A brief description of how the project will be implemented (steps)
- Sustainability benefits to campus and how these benefits will be measured
- Approximate start and completion dates
- Any additional information you want the committee to know (optional)
- Include a budget (see table below)
Note: If your project has received Green Initiative funding in the past, please also include information briefly detailing project progress since its initial funding and any plans for improvements/changes should your project be funded again.
Budgets should be submitted in table format following the table below:
|Item||Cost per item||Quantity||Total Amount|
|Interns for project implementation||$12/hour at 100 hours||2||$2,400|
Please save the documents as "GF_Project Names_LastName" and email the completed grant proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the project name in the subject line.
Questions and comments may be directed to the University of South Dakota Student Government Association at email@example.com or (605) 658-3584.