Form close bonds and excel as a leader and student.
Become a Leader
Discover new opportunities that will put you on the path to success.
Develop friendships, become leaders and excel as students through sorority and fraternity life.
Joining a sorority or fraternity is more than becoming a member of a new community. As a member of Greek life at USD, you'll have the chance to:
- Discover new leadership opportunities, like managing budgets over $500,000 or serving on executive boards
- Serve your community and national nonprofits through organized philanthropy events
- Save money on housing and be eligible for more than $140,000 in local and national chapter scholarships
- Network with alumni from around the country
- Have access to resources like peer tutoring and academic coaching
With four sororities and seven fraternities, you'll have plenty of options to find the chapter that feels most like home. You'll build memories that will last a lifetime, while also developing skills that will help you both inside and outside the classroom.
The women of Alpha Xi Delta at the University of South Dakota said their final farewells Monday morning to the house that over 1,000 members have called home since 1935.
Men interested in joining a fraternity should fill out a recruitment interest form as the first step of becoming a potential new member.