As a member of a sorority or fraternity, you will be actively involved in organizing and leading community service opportunities. In 2018-2019, the four sorority chapters collectively raised $70,648.42 for organizations like Women's Cardiac Care, CASA, Read Lead and Achieve and Autism Speaks.
In 2018-2019, the combined sorority and fraternity members:
- Donated more than 45,000 hours of their time to service activities
- Raised more than $243,000 for local and national nonprofits
Past community service activities included the following events:
- Dakotathon, a dance marathon to raise funds for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- KATWalk, a fashion show to raise money for Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Red Dress Gala, a formal silent auction to raise money for women's heart health research
- Teddy Bear Run, a relay run to Sioux Falls to raise money for children at Avera McKennon Hospital
To learn more about philanthropy activities organized by the Greek community, contact Laura Anderton at firstname.lastname@example.org.