Requirements for Fraternity/Sorority Exemption from the Residence Halls
Second year fraternity/sorority members can be released from the Board of Regents two-year, on-campus live-in policy only if they:
- Are a member in good standing of a fraternity or sorority
- Have completed 28 credit hours and have a 2.5 cumulative GPA by the conclusion of the spring semester of their first year of school at USD
Students not granted a Greek Release for the fall of their second year of residence can reapply the following semester for a spring release. Summer and winter credits are not taken into consideration for the following semester's release.
Once exempt to live in a fraternity/sorority house, students must:
- Live in the chapter house for a minimum of two semesters, regardless of age or academic standing
Any student moving from a Greek house prior to completing the two semester residency requirement must move back into a residence hall in order to fulfill the Board of Regents two year live-in policy.
Students at least one year removed from high school who have signed a voluntary contract with University Housing are eligible for a Greek exemption without financial penalty as long as the application is received by the following deadlines:
- End of the spring semester for the following fall
- End of the fall semester for the following spring