If Student Health isn't open or the service you need isn't covered, you may choose care at the hospital emergency room or other locations. The cost of this care and any insurance arrangements are your responsibility.
Sanford Vermillion will coordinate your care, including consultation with your hometown doctor and parents at your request. A full range of additional health services are available in Vermillion, including:
- 24-hour emergency care
- Ground and air ambulance support/access
- 36-bed hospital
- Medical, surgical, pediatric and obstetrical care by local medical staff
- Diagnostic services, including CT, MRI, mammography, ultrasound, x-ray and full-service laboratory
- Rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational, speech, cardiac, pulmonary and recreational therapies
- Respiratory care, including asthma education
- Specialty outreach clinics, including allergy and asthma, cardiology, ENT surgery, gastroenterology, gynecology, neurology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, podiatry, pulmonary, rehabilitation, urology, vascular, thoracic and cardiac surgery
- Sanford-USD Wellness and Community Health Education Program, including diabetes management and education, prenatal and childbirth classes, exercise programs, health screenings and disease management programs, occupational health services, tobacco cessation classes and the LEARN to Eat Smart Program (weight management course)
For more information about Sanford Vermillion Medical Center Services, call 605-624-2611.