The USD Safe app, created by AppArmor, works both on- and off-campus. It serves as a virtual escort to students, providing real-time location information to emergency contacts and the University Police Department.
USD has added a quick health assessment module to USD Safe to help increase health and safety awareness with potential exposures to COVID-19. We encourage you to download the app and set a recurring daily appointment on your calendar to do this every single day before coming to campus. USD Safe works both on and off campus.
- Call 911
- Evacuate building
- Pull fire alarm and close the door
- Stay calm
- Use stairs
- Help the disabled if possible
- Process to Rally Point
- Do not re-enter the building
- Call UPD at 605-658-6199
- DO NOT handle suspicious package or other items
- Immediately report suspicious behavior by calling 605-658-6199
- Call 911
- Provide to dispatchers:
-Location of incident
-Nature of illness/injury
- Number of victims
- Your name
- Call UPD at 605-658-6119 or
- Call Title IX office at 605-677-5651
- Seek medical attention (if needed)
- Seek Shelter immediately
- Move to the lowest level in building
- Move to interior are (hallways)
- Stay away from windows and glass
- Evacuate - If there is an accessible escape path, try to evacuate to a safe place.
- Lockdown- If evacuation is not possible find a place to hide and baracade the door.
- Counter - As a last resort, and only when your life is in danger, attempt to disrupt and/or incapacitate the active shooter.