The USD Wellness Center employs a vast array of student workers on campus. Whether you are interested in working in customer service at the facility, lifeguarding or officiating, we have many positions to choose from. See Coyote Careers for current Wellness Center openings.
|Wellness Center Employment Application||Graduate Assistantship Application|
Wellness Center Employment Application is for Student Desk Operations Staff, Fitness Instructors, Personal Trainers, Lifeguards, Intramural Referees and Umpires.
Descriptions of Positions
- Desk Staff – Provide customer service to Wellness Center patrons, manage cash register, assist with keeping facility clean and assist Administrative staff as needed.
- Climbing Wall Staff – Ensure safety of all climbing wall patrons and assist with belaying. Belay Certification required. (Training offered).
- Group Fitness Instructor – Provide patrons with fitness instruction in a group setting. Group Fitness Certification required. Specialty courses may require additional training.
- Personal Trainers - Assist patrons in meeting fitness goals through one-on-one or group instruction, execute fitness assessments and design exercise programming. A Personal Training Certification is required.
- Lifeguards – Supervise aquatic activities at the DakotaDome pool and ensure patron safety. A Lifeguard Training certification is required.
- Swim Lesson Instructors – Teach swim lessons to individuals or groups at the DakotaDome pool. A WSI certification and CPR/First Aid certification is required.
- American Red Cross Instructors – Instruct CPR/AED/First Aid, LGI, or WSI courses. Red Cross Instructor Certification required.
- Intramural Officials - Officiate intramural activities and maintain sportsmanship between teams. Assist in preparation and clean-up of facilities.
- Graduate Assistantships – The Wellness Center employs five Graduate Assistants to support the areas of Facilities Management, Fitness, Aquatics, Emergency Management and Intramurals. Assistantships are primarily filled in the summer and are offered for 1-3 years, depending on the individual’s academic schedule. Related academic track in sports science is preferred.