In order to be considered for the Summer University Program of THE INDIAN UNIVERSITY OF NORTH AMERICA®, students must submit the following:
- Completed Application Form. You may complete it online and print it out, and mail it, or submit the application via e-mail to IndianUniversity@crazyhorse.org. Receipt via e-mail will be recognized as signature.
- Complete a questionnaire on your reasons for desiring to attend the summer program.
- Proof of membership in federally-recognized tribe for preference consideration.
- High school transcript and official college transcripts if previously attended college. Applicants must have successfully completed high school (regular curriculum) to be eligible to begin the program. Official high school transcripts verifying successful completion are required to be submitted by May 15, 2020. An unofficial high school transcript is acceptable to attach to this application.
- ACT or SAT scores and subscores are required. Scores must be submitted with the application. The composite ACT score for regular admission is 21; the SAT score for regular admission is 990. ACT scores below 21 and SAT scores below 990 may be considered for provisional acceptance.
- One letter of recommendation. Letters should be written by those familiar with your high school work (a high school counselor or core area teacher) or, if you have been out of school for more than two years, by people familiar with your performance in the workplace.
- Agreement to the Rules of Conduct.
- Students will be contacted if they are chosen for a telephone interview.
Applications that are not complete by the April 1 deadline will not be considered during the priority interview and selection process. Students applying or completing their files after the deadline of April 1, 2020, may be considered for acceptance on a space available basis after priority applicant decisions are finalized.
The following application materials are not required now, but required by May 15, 2020 if accepted to the program:
- Official high school transcript. If previously attended college, official transcript of college work. Official means the transcript must be sent directly from the high school, college to the University of South Dakota. The student may hand deliver if envelope is sealed. A 2.6 GPA is required for regular acceptance.
- Proof of tribal membership, if applicable.
- Proof of Immunizations. (Measles, Mumps, Rubella; Hepatitis B immunization and Hepatitis B titer; Varicella/Chicken Pox immunity; DTP/Tdap; Polio; TB Skin Tests or QFT-G Blood Test).
- Proof of medical insurance and copy of insurance card and ID#.
- Submission of Emergency Contact Information.
- Medical prescriptions to assure adequate medication over the 8 week program.
- Recommitment to agree to Rules of Conduct signed statement.
- Tracking Authorization Form (FERPA) signed statement.
- Signed Computer Use Policy Statement.
- Payment of $50.00 deposit and payment of $800.00 or authorization to deduct amount from student internship checks.
All documentation and application materials should be sent to:
Crazy Horse Memorial
Attn: The Indian University of North America
12151 Avenue of the Chiefs
Crazy Horse, SD 57730-8900