Beacom School of Business Launches Webinar Series to Help SD Businesses during COVID-19 Pandemic
“Small businesses are the backbone of South Dakota’s economy, and we are committed to help them during this unprecedented time,” said Venky Venkatachalam, Ph.D., dean of the USD Beacom School of Businesses. “Between our outreach centers who work with thousands of small businesses in South Dakota each year and our expert faculty, we have the ability to support the business community by giving them information and resources they need at this critical time.”
The new webinar series is a free service aimed at providing businesses and employees with education to stay informed, safe and healthy throughout this pandemic. Details on the webinars, recordings of past webinars, as well as other useful resources can be found at usd.edu/business/covid19.
Currently scheduled webinars include:
- Thursday, April 9, 1 p.m., Financial Options for Small Businesses During Covid-19, Presented by Mark Slade, State Director, SD Small Business Development Center
- Tuesday, April 14, 2 p.m., Cash Flow Options During a Crisis, Presented by Matt Heard, Faculty, USD Beacom School of Business
- Thursday, April 16, 11 a.m., Managing Stress During Times of Uncertainty, Presented by Mark Yockey, Faculty, USD Beacom School of Business
- Tuesday, April 21, 3 p.m., Building Your Brand During the Covid-19 Crisis, Presented by Emily Quinn, Faculty, USD Beacom School of Business
- Thursday, April 23, 9 a.m., Supply Chain & Inventory Risk, Presented by Tom Martin, Faculty, USD Beacom School of Business
- Tuesday, April 28, 9 a.m., Navigating Your Family Business Through a Pandemic (using EOS®), Presented by Mike Paton, Award-winning speaker, best-selling author, Certified EOS Implementer™, and the Visionary for EOS Worldwide (Cost may be associated). Sponsored by the Prairie Family Business Association.
- Thursday, April 30, 2 p.m., Managing through Change & New Revenue Streams, Greg Bertsch, Faculty, USD Beacom School of Business
- Tuesday, May 5, 11 a.m., Excel Basics for Small Businesses, Mandie Weinandt, Faculty, USD Beacom School of Business
All webinars are free, but registration is required. To learn more about this offering or register to attend, visit usd.edu/business/covid19. In addition, if you are interested in one-on-one consulting for your businesses, a variety of services are being offered through Prairie Family Business Association and the SD Small Business Development Center.
ABOUT THE PRAIRIE FAMILY BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
The Prairie Family Business Association, founded in 1993, contributes to the Midwest economy through its mission of enhancing long-term survival and success of its family business members through quality education, programming and networking. The association serves nearly 200 member businesses in South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska.
ABOUT THE SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
The South Dakota Small Business Development Center is part of a national network of 63 host sites with over 900 service centers across the country and in the U.S. territories. They are sponsored by USD and provide business advising on a statewide basis with offices in Aberdeen, Pierre, Rapid City, Sioux Falls, Watertown and Yankton. The SBDC network also provides assistance with government contracting, international trade, early stage funding and operational improvement and innovation for manufacturers.
You May Also Like
The University of South Dakota is set to host the fifth annual Student and Alumni Networking Mixer on Feb. 23 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Muenster University Center Ballroom.
The University of South Dakota Knudson School of Law, in partnership with Plains Commerce Bank, is set to host the “Five O’Clock Forum: The Core of Cryptocurrency” at the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls Downtown on Feb. 3 from 5-7 p.m.
The University of South Dakota is set to host the fifth annual Three Minute Thesis Competition. The preliminary round is Feb. 9 from 3-5 p.m., followed by the final competition on Feb. 16 from 3-5 p.m. in the Al Neuharth Freedom Forum.