Dakota Days Event Dedicates New Sports Center and Marks 20 Years of Leadership
On Friday, Oct. 7, the USD women's volleyball team will take on IUPUI at 5:30 p.m. in the new arena. Dedication of the SCSC will be held on the court between the second and third volleyball sets, honoring major contributors to the $66 million project.
USD alumni and friends are encouraged to attend the volleyball game. A cocktail reception will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the SCSC, and tours of the new building will be available. At the conclusion of the volleyball game a short program will highlight the past two decades of progress at USD, and look to the future. Please register online for the reception and celebration.
Dakota Days events planned for the week for students, alumni and friends:
- Sunday, Oct. 2 -- 2 p.m. at Muenster University Center Ballroom, carnival and yard games, bingo with Coyote gear prizes, photo booth and more;
- Monday, Oct. 3 -- 8 p.m. at Aalfs Auditorium, comedian Jamie Lee;
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 -- 7 p.m. at Aalfs Auditorium, Yotes Got Talent and the revealing of D-Days royalty;
- Wednesday, Oct. 5 -- Vermtown Bash downtown: 5-8 p.m., street fair featuring a photo booth, inflatables, carnival, yard games and snacks; 9-11 p.m., street dance;
- Thursday, Oct. 6 -- 5:30 p.m. at the Wellness Center, 5K Fun Run/Walk in partnership with Hy-Vee (first 100 participants receive a free T-shirt);
- Friday, Oct. 7 -- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at MUC faculty lounge, alumni welcome table; 3 p.m. at First Bank & Trust Soccer Complex, soccer vs. North Dakota State; 4:30 p.m. at Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts, marching band reunion; 5 p.m. outside the DakotaDome, pep rally; 5 p.m. at the DakotaDome, swim meet vs. Minnesota State; 5:30 p.m. at SCSC, volleyball vs. IUPUI (tickets are free) and formal dedication of the SCSC; 6:30 p.m. at SCSC, Alumni Association University Celebration; 6:30 p.m. at the Wellness Center, zumba party; 7:30 p.m. at Wayne S. Knutson Theatre, “The Two Gentlemen of Verona” play;
- Saturday, Oct. 8 -- 9 a.m. on Main Street, Dakota Days parade; 10 a.m. at DakotaDome, tailgating; 2 p.m. at DakotaDome, Coyote football vs. UNI; coronation of Miss and Mr. Dakota at halftime; 6 p.m. at SCSC, volleyball vs. Fort Wayne (admission free with football ticket); 7:30 p.m. at Wayne S. Knutson Theatre, “The Two Gentlemen of Verona” play;
- Sunday, Oct. 9 -- 2 p.m. at Aalfs Auditorium, USD Chamber Singers.
You May Also Like
AUSTIN, Texas — South Dakota senior guard Ciara Duffy was one of five Division I women's basketball players selected to the Academic All-America first team selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA). Duffy earns Academic All-America honors for the third consecutive season.
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — All five South Dakota starters scored in double-figures and the Coyotes completed perhaps the greatest regular season in Summit League history with a 63-58 win against rival and second-seeded South Dakota State in the tournament championship game Tuesday inside the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.
VERMILLION, S.D. – Two University of South Dakota faculty members are partnering with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Sioux Falls agency Call to Freedom to better understand what sex trafficking survivors think about the services they receive — and to learn what services they find most helpful.