Flu vaccination clinic at USD is Thursday Oct 14
Vaccinations are being offered to USD students who only meet the vaccine qualifying criteria. A USD Student ID will need to be presented at the time of the vaccine.
Two options will be available for students: flu vaccination for $20 or flu mist for $25.
Who should receive a flu shot?
- Everyone who wants to reduce the risk of becoming ill with influenza or of transmitting it to others should get a flu shot. Certain groups are at higher risk and are strongly recommended to receive the vaccination:
- All children ages six months and up
- Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant during the flu season
- People 50 years and older
- Adults and children with certain chronic conditions
To prevent transmission to high-risk populations, vaccination is also recommended for:
- Healthcare workers
- Caregivers of children less than six months of age and adults over age 50
- Adults and children who live with children less than six months of age
- Adults and children who live with or care for persons with medical conditions that put them at higher risk for severe complications from influenza.
For more information about flu or a flu vaccination, visit the CDC Web site at www.cdc.gov/Features/FLU/.
You May Also Like
AUSTIN, Texas — South Dakota senior guard Ciara Duffy was one of five Division I women's basketball players selected to the Academic All-America first team selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA). Duffy earns Academic All-America honors for the third consecutive season.
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — All five South Dakota starters scored in double-figures and the Coyotes completed perhaps the greatest regular season in Summit League history with a 63-58 win against rival and second-seeded South Dakota State in the tournament championship game Tuesday inside the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.
Two University of South Dakota faculty members are partnering with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Sioux Falls agency Call to Freedom to better understand what sex trafficking survivors think about the services they receive — and to learn what services they find most helpful.