New Arena Space Prompts Department Moves
- Kinesiology and sport science will move from Delzell to new the new building, which will be called the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. See the project details and watch the latest construction update video at goyotes.com. (Occupational therapy and physical therapy will move into the new space in summer 2017.)
- Basketball, volleyball and athletic administration offices will move from the DakotaDome to the new complex.
- The math department will relocate from Dakota Hall to Patterson Hall.
- Communication studies will move from Beacom Hall to Dakota Hall.
- Postal serves will be housed in the Continuing Education Building.
Among the other projects to be completed this year:
- New restroom and storage building for the new track and soccer complex.
- Replace the roof on the South Dakota Union.
- Update classroom 205 in the I.D. Weeks Library.
- In Noteboom Hall, replace the chiller and pumps and install a dehumidification system; replace existing single-pane windows on the south side with energy efficient windows; replace existing flooring on the first floor with sheet vinyl; replace some of the existing furniture with hospital-grade quality furniture.
- Complete roof repairs on Old Main.
- Upgrade some campus exterior lights on buildings with LED light fixtures.
- Replace the flooring in wing B of Coyote Village with carpet tiles.
- Renovate the laundry and electrical room in Coyote Village.
- On the Sioux Falls campus, replace the carpet in all offices,hallways, classrooms and conference rooms of the Wegner Health Science Center.
All 2016 projects should be completed by August.
You May Also Like
AUSTIN, Texas — South Dakota senior guard Ciara Duffy was one of five Division I women's basketball players selected to the Academic All-America first team selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA). Duffy earns Academic All-America honors for the third consecutive season.
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — All five South Dakota starters scored in double-figures and the Coyotes completed perhaps the greatest regular season in Summit League history with a 63-58 win against rival and second-seeded South Dakota State in the tournament championship game Tuesday inside the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.
VERMILLION, S.D. – Two University of South Dakota faculty members are partnering with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Sioux Falls agency Call to Freedom to better understand what sex trafficking survivors think about the services they receive — and to learn what services they find most helpful.