Political Science Students Interning Nearby and in DC
USD’s Farber Fund provides financial support for all eligible undergraduates who major in political science and intern in South Dakota or elsewhere.
The 28 students, their hometowns and where they’re interning:
- Cash Anderson, Pierre, South Dakota, civil rights compliance intern at South Dakota Department of Transportation in Pierre
- Kylie Beck, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Restrictive Housing at South Dakota State Penitentiary in Sioux Falls
- Josey Blare, Carter, South Dakota, Bureau of Indian Affairs in Billings, Montana
- Haley Bryan, Sergeant Bluff, Iowa, immigration law intern at Mary J. Treglia Community House in Sioux City, Iowa
- Bennett Deuter, Rapid City, South Dakota, Jay Williams for U.S. Senate campaign in Rapid City
- Catie Dougherty, Sioux Falls, U.S. Sen. John Thune’s office in Sioux Falls
- Emily Dreeszen, Madison, South Dakota, Dress for Success/EmBe in Sioux Falls
- Chesney Garnos, Wall, South Dakota, U.S. Sen. Mike Rounds’ office in Pierre
- Liam Gibbons, Clayton, Missouri, ABC for Health in Madison, Wisconsin
- Chelsea Gilbertson, Vermillion, Holland & Knight law firm in Washington D.C.
- Ciaran Glynn, Sioux City, Iowa, Pheasantland Industries marketing at South Dakota State Penitentiary in Sioux Falls
- Jordan Hanson, Watertown, South Dakota, U.S. Rep. Kristi Noem’s office in Watertown
- Mackenzie Huber, Vermillion, U.S. Senate Commerce Committee in Washington D.C.
- Marcus Ireland, Alcester, South Dakota, Kristi Noem for U.S. Congress campaign in Sioux Falls
- Taylor Kidd, Grand Junction, Colorado, Western Colorado Community Foundation in Grand Junction
- Maria Lewis, Hartford, South Dakota, Family Visitation Center in Sioux Falls
- Anna Madsen, Ruthton, Minnesota, U.S. Sen. Rounds’ office in Sioux Falls
- Samuel Matson, Sioux Falls, Deb Peters for South Dakota House campaign in Sioux Falls
- Casey Matthiesen, Jasper, Minnesota, Hansard Fellow internship with British Parliament in London
- Gabrielle Metzger, Bruce, South Dakota, South Dakota Assistant Attorney General’s office in Sioux Falls
- Caleb Munce, Sioux Falls, J.R. LaPlante for South Dakota House campaign in Sioux Falls
- Jalatama Omar, Sioux Falls, U.S. Sen. Thune’s office in Washington
- Gabrielle Perna, La Vista, Nebraska, U.S. Rep. Brad Ashford, NE-2nd District in Omaha, Nebraska
- Jacob Selegstad, Yankton, South Dakota, Jay Williams for U.S. Senate campaign in Yankton
- Nathaniel Steinleicht, Milbank, South Dakota, South Dakota Board of Regents in Pierre
- Britney Thorns, Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls Multicultural Center
- Max Tushla, Sioux City, Paula Hawks for Congress Campaign in Sioux Falls
- Denis Verbovskiy, Harrisburg, South Dakota, U.S. Army Cadet Command International Program in Lithuania
Learn more about USD's Department of Political Science.
You May Also Like
AUSTIN, Texas — South Dakota senior guard Ciara Duffy was one of five Division I women's basketball players selected to the Academic All-America first team selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA). Duffy earns Academic All-America honors for the third consecutive season.
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — All five South Dakota starters scored in double-figures and the Coyotes completed perhaps the greatest regular season in Summit League history with a 63-58 win against rival and second-seeded South Dakota State in the tournament championship game Tuesday inside the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.
Two University of South Dakota faculty members are partnering with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Sioux Falls agency Call to Freedom to better understand what sex trafficking survivors think about the services they receive — and to learn what services they find most helpful.