Special Law School Task Force to Hold Meeting August 7
The task force was formed to consider whether relocating the state’s only law school would be in the best interest of the students, the University, and the State of South Dakota. Rep. Mark Mickelson, R-Sioux Falls, will chair the Special Law School Task Force.
Twelve additional members including students and faculty members have been appointed. They are:
- Harvey Jewett, Regent Emeritus, South Dakota Board of Regents
- Conrad Adam, Student Regent, South Dakota Board of Regents
- John Bastian, Regent, South Dakota Board of Regents
- David Gilbertson, Chief Justice, South Dakota Supreme Court
- Julie Greenfield, Attorney, Gallardo Trust Company
- Glen Herrick, EVP and CFO, Meta Financial Group
- Christine Hutton, Professor, USD School of Law
- Mark Meierhenry, Attorney, Meierhenry Sargent, LLP
- Bob Morris, Attorney, Day Morris Law Firm
- Morgan Nelson, President, USD Student Bar Association
- Jennifer Trucano, CEO, Rapid City Medical Center
- Nate Welch, Executive Director, Vermillion Chamber & Development Corporation
There will be an opportunity for public testimony. The task force encourages those interested in testifying to submit their questions and testimony in advance of the meeting to LawSchoolTaskForce@usd.edu.
You May Also Like
The University of South Dakota is set to host the fifth annual Student and Alumni Networking Mixer on Feb. 23 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Muenster University Center Ballroom.
The University of South Dakota Knudson School of Law, in partnership with Plains Commerce Bank, is set to host the “Five O’Clock Forum: The Core of Cryptocurrency” at the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls Downtown on Feb. 3 from 5-7 p.m.
The University of South Dakota's annual giving day – Unite for USD – is set for Feb. 16-17, 2022. Over the course of 1862 minutes, recognizing the year the state’s flagship university was founded, USD aims to unite the entire Coyote community – alumni, donors, friends, faculty and students – to make an impact on campus.