TEDxUSD Speaker Order and Streaming Address Released
The order of the six speakers chosen from a pool of candidates to give presentations of 18 minutes or less that showcase the ideas and talents of the USD community:
- Michell Williams, director of strategic program management at Citibank in Sioux Falls
- Steve Miller, pastor and USD adjunct professor of history
- Tiffany Graham, associate dean of the USD Law School
- Frank Leibfarth, former USD football kicker currently studying at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Kelsey Collier-Wise, executive director of United Way of Vermillion and Vermillion City Council member
- Sarah Jennings, South Dakota director of AARP
Tickets to the live event, which begins at 5 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 7, sold out. But it will be streamed on the Internet at http://livestream.com/tedx/tedxusd and in the Muenster University Center, which will be open to the public. More information is available at http://tedxusd.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/tedxusd.
TEDx is an independently organized program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. TED (Technology, Education and Design) is a nonprofit organization devoted to "ideas worth spreading," usually in the form of short, powerful talks delivered by today's leading thinkers and doers.