The Community College for Sioux Falls' Help Desk is the first point of contact for faculty, staff and students who need information technology or multimedia assistance on the Sioux Falls campus. Individuals seeking assistance can submit a request online, call, e-mail or stop by the Help Desk office.
For faculty, staff and students on the Vermillion campus, please contact the Vermillion Help Desk.
Contact the Help Desk When You Need:
- Professional support for basic computing, audio/visual and distance education services (DDN).
- Help with malfunctioning office technology (computers, printers, scanners, etc.).
- Help with malfunctioning smart podiums (includes ELMO and LCD) or distance technologies (DDN).
- Instructional technology equipment for your classroom or professional presentations.
- Help with network issues such as account changes.
- Help with accessing the wireless network.
- Information from online FAQs, manuals and tutorials that empowers users to self-troubleshoot.
- Technical staff to help you with a technology-related project.
All Sioux Falls classrooms and selected conference rooms are equipped with:
- Stationary computer and monitor
- Ceiling-mounted data projector
- Whiteboard and projector screen
- Wireless Internet
- Document camera
Computer Lab Accessibility
The Open Computer Lab is available to all students. We have PCs and a printer available. Printing may be purchased for $.10 per sheet. To purchase printing, you will first need to visit the Sioux Falls Business Office to load funds to your student ID card.
The Open Computer Lab is located in FADM-152 (Classroom Building). For assistance, contact the Help Desk.
All rooms at the Community College for Sioux Falls have wireless Internet access and power outlets at each desk. You may bring your own laptop to use in classes. Printing from your personal laptops is not available at this time. Individuals interested in using the college's wireless connection have two options:
- Log on to the “SDGuest” for limited access.
- Log on to the “eduroam” for full access. This network requires authentication.
Dakota Digital Network (DDN)
The Dakota Digital Network (DDN) is a statewide video communications system. DDN allows students and instructors to see and hear one another in connected K-12 classrooms, technical schools and South Dakota Board of Regents institutions.
- The DDN rooms are 145, 153, 157, 178, 245, 253, 257 and 265.
- To report DDN connection or classroom problems, or for DDN web stream help, please contact the HelpDesk by phone at 605-274-9525.
- You can find on-duty technician and DDN support numbers in the DDN classrooms.
- To schedule a DDN room contact the DDN office in Pierre, SD at (605) 773-3333.
Sioux Falls Technology Services Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.