Skip to main content

Transferring Your Credits

If you wish to transfer credit from a non-regionally accredited institution outside of the United States, please follow these additional guidelines:

  • Have your transcripts evaluated by World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators
  • Credit from a non-regionally accredited institution outside of the United States may only transfer as equivalent to a specific USD CCSF course. USD CCSF does not accept coursework as transfer elective credit.
  • Courses transferred are not included in your USD CCSF grade point average.
  • You may have your courses evaluated to determine equivalency to USD CCSF courses by completing the Transfer Equivalency Request Form and attaching appropriate course materials, course syllabus or course description, in English.
  • Your academic advisor can help you determine which courses you may wish to submit for review to fit into your intended program at USD CCSF.
  • If you are able to provide course information, you may send your Transfer Equivalency Request forms directly to the respective departments, or you may forward those to the Office of the Registrar.

It is often difficult to obtain course materials for coursework taken at a foreign institution. If you are unable to obtain the information required for review, you will need to contact the department chair directly for each course you wish to have reviewed. The department chair will let you know what information he/she will require in lieu of syllabus or course description to determine course equivalency.

For additional information on transferring credit from non-U.S. colleges, contact the USD Office of the Registrar.