Skip to main content

To receive an associate’s degree from the USD Community College for Sioux Falls, you must complete a minimum of 15 credit hours from USD, including at least 8 of the final 15 hours completed immediately prior to the degree.

To receive a bachelor's degree from the USD Community College for Sioux Falls, you must complete a minimum of 30 hours of USD credit, including at least 15 of the final 30 hours completed immediately prior to the degree. At least 50 percent of the coursework required for your major must be earned through USD.

Transferring Credit from a Technical Institution

Students transferring from a Technical Institution have a number of options available allowing credits to be applied toward a bachelor's degree:

Transferable General Education Courses

General education provides students with a knowledge and a capacity for lifelong learning as they provide students with the skills to communicate effectively, problem solve, analyze, locate and gather information, and think critically and logically along with other skills needed for conscientious citizenship and workplace success. The South Dakota Board of Regents (SDBOR) maintains a common general education policy whereby earned general education credits apply to each of the six public universities. The Technical Colleges (TCs) have aligned the curriculum and learning outcomes for some general education courses. It has been established that the knowledge and competencies acquired via these courses at TCs are equivalent and can be guaranteed to transfer. 

View the Institution Specific Transferable General Education Courses

BS in Technical Leadership with Associated Certificate Options

The B.S. degree in Technical Leadership is an interdisciplinary degree intended for students who have earned an A.A.S. technical associate degree or have completed a career degree program. The proposed program will provide the knowledge and skills needed to undertake leadership and supervisory roles that complement the technical expertise the student acquired at the community or technical college.

View the BS in Technical Leadership Program and Associated Certificate Options

Program to Program Transfer/Articulation

The University of South Dakota and the South Dakota Board of Regents encourage individual students to seek post-secondary educational experiences that best fit their personal interests and talents. These experiences should permit a full range of post-secondary opportunities that advance an individual's skill, competencies, and knowledge. Articulation agreements facilitate student transfer of academic credits among institutions.

View the Program to Program Articulation Agreements

Transfer Credit Review

Following your acceptance to USD CCSF, you will receive a tentative credit evaluation based on your official transcripts using the following guidelines:

  • Academic courses completed for credit at an accredited institution are generally accepted for transfer.
    • Credits from non-accredited institutions may be accepted for transfer subject to approval of the dean of the college or school in which you plan to enroll.
    • College credit earned while a student is still enrolled in high school may or may not be eligible for transfer. Consult your admissions counselor for further information.
  • Accepted academic courses will transfer as meeting graduation requirements as determined by the school or major department if:
    • the courses parallel requirements for the degree
    • the courses meet electives required for degree
  • Courses repeated for credit are evaluated using the last grade earned.
  • A maximum of 60 semester hours of transfer credit from a two-year college may apply toward graduation, and may not exceed one-half of the total semester hours required for completion of your USD CCSF degree.
  • Transfer credits are accepted with the same grade and credit as recorded on the original transcript from your previous institution.
  • Grades of "F" or the equivalent in a course otherwise transferable will be incorporated in calculating a student's cumulative grade-point average.
  • Remedial courses, vocational courses, orientation, life experience and high school level courses are not generally accepted for transfer credit.

Transferring credit from Non-U.S. Institutions

Read more about transferring your credits from a non-U.S. college.

Related Links