Skip to main content

Tutorial Videos

How Distance Students can get an Official Student ID:

Online students can get their USD ID by completing the Distance Student ID Request application. The Request application can be accessed directly at Distance Student ID Request Form. You will need the following information to complete the form:

  • Your Student ID number
  • A copy of a government issued identification
  • A head shot (no particular size requirement)
  • The address where you would like the ID mailed

For questions, please contact the Coyote Card Office at or by calling 605-677-5334.

Grievance Processes:

Academic: Please see Board of Regents Policy 2.9
This policy governs academic disputes involving students. Such disputes most commonly arise as a result of student dissatisfaction with assigned grades, but students may also invoke the standards and procedures provided under this policy to challenge academic responses to instances involving alleged student academic misconduct or to challenge other decisions, justified on academic grounds, that affect their participation in or completion of university academic programs.

  • Academic Appeals Form

Non-Academic: Please see Board of Regents Policy 3.4

If you have questions, please contact USD Online and Off-Campus Education at 605-658-6200 or by e-mail at