General Information About Military Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
- FTA is limited to currently serving members of the Armed Forces. If your ETS date is during semester you will not get FTA for that semester
- FTA cannot be used for a lateral degree (You cannot use FTA to earn a 2nd bachelor's degree)
- Maximum of $250 per credit hour; up to $4500 per year (fiscal year resets on October 1)
- Many fees are no longer approved for payment by the Army (See GoArmyEd)
- FTA can be used in conjunction with the GI Bill®, but with some restrictions; contact your military education office
- Please note FTA is not a guaranteed benefit, and funding is limited. FTA is paid on a first come first serve basis. Please apply early.
- TA requests should be completed prior to the start of the semester. Each service has its own deadline.
- FTA is a tuition reimbursement program; you will not receive an up-front payment. Payments may come late in the semester