Sioux Falls Dental ClinicFacility
Our dental hygiene clinic in Sioux Falls is open to the public. Students learn under the close supervision of licensed dentists and licensed hygienists. Our services are offered at reduced rates; however, appointments generally take more time than traditional dental offices.
Sioux Falls Dental Clinic
Our students utilize the Sioux Falls Dental Clinic to give back to the community and gain hands-on practical experience with patients.
*Clinic services are not available when school is not in session over the school year, such as holidays and semester breaks.
Known for Excellence
The Best in the Region: USD offers the state's only dental hygiene program and is the region's leader in health care education.
Our students have had a 99% success rate on the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination for more than 15 years.
A gift from Delta Dental is supporting USD's new School of Health Sciences building and a new community dental hygiene clinic at USD.
Departments & Facilities
The Department of Dental Hygiene provides students with enriching experiences in and beyond the classroom as they prepare for careers in oral health and oral disease prevention.
The Delta Dental Oral Health Center is a new community dental hygiene clinic at USD, named in honor of a $1 million gift from the Delta Dental of South Dakota Foundation. Services are open to the public.
- Supports the academic, research and service missions of eight of USD’s fastest growing majors in health professional disciplines
- Contemporary facility that strengthens the opportunities for interprofessional, collaborative, hands-on experiences in simulation, classroom and lab settings
- Complements the existing Lee Medical building by use of similar building materials
- Technology-enhanced active learning classrooms, shared faculty and staff workplace, health science labs, simulation rooms, student collaboration and study spaces and an active community dental hygiene clinic
State of the art systems
- First floor houses the Delta Dental Oral Health Center as well as labs and therapy rooms for various programs
- Second and third floors include study spaces, labs, classrooms and offices
- Natural light within the building; efficient systems save on overall energy costs
- Built to LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver rating specifications, with high performance mechanical and electrical systems