Skip to main content

Dual Credit Courses

In some cases, students may take courses during high school that count toward high school graduation in addition to counting as college credit. These courses are known as "dual credit." If you are interested in enrolling in dual credit courses at USD, visit the dual credit homepage for more information.

Transfer Your Dual Credit

If you have received credit for these types of courses and you would like the credit you earned to be considered for transfer to the University of South Dakota, you must provide the following information:

  • Submit an official transcript from the college(s) that awarded the credit to you. Transcripts must be mailed from the transferring institution directly to USD.
  • University of South Dakota
    Office of Admissions
    414 E. Clark Street
    Vermillion, SD 57069

  • Coursework taken from an institution with which USD has a dual credit agreement, or from an institution accredited by the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships, requires no further action.
  • Additional steps may be required for courses from non-NACEP institutions or schools from which USD does not have a dual credit agreement.

The following systems/institutions have established agreements with the South Dakota Board of Regents and dual-credit coursework offered will be accepted. In a few cases, limits apply as noted.

  • Dakota Wesleyan University (South Dakota) (courses offered before fall 2009 - renewed fall 2015)
  • Mount Marty College (South Dakota)
  • Iowa Western Community College
  • Western Iowa Technical Community College
  • Metropolitan Community College (Nebraska)
  • Wyoming Community Colleges
  • Riverland Community College (Minnesota)
  • North Dakota University System 
  • University of Mary (North Dakota)
  • Minnesota State University, Mankato
  • Fond du Lac Tribal & Community College (Minnesota) (only listed high schools)
  • Sitting Bull College (South Dakota)
  • Iowa Central Community College
  • Southwest Minnesota State University

Courses Offered by Presentation College

Presentation College offers a set of courses in high schools. These are taught by college faculty from the campus and delivered to students at the high schools. All of these courses may be accepted.

Accredited Upper Midwest Institutions

The following institutions in the upper midwest are accredited by NACEP and dual-credit coursework offered will be accepted. A complete list can be found at the NACEP website.


  • Mesabi Range Community and Technical College
  • Minnesota State University - Mankato
  • Riverland Community College
  • University of Minnesota - Crookston
  • University of Minnesota - Duluth
  • University of Minnesota - Twin Cities


  • Nebraska Wesleyan University


  • Laramie County Community College
  • Sheridan College