FOREIGN LANGUAGE PLACEMENT TESTING
If you are interested in taking a language class other than English at USD and have had previous experience with that language, it is highly recommended that you take our language placement test. This exam will help to determine which level of the language you should take as your first course. We offer placement testing in German, Russian and Spanish.
For those with previous experience in Lakota, please contact the department of Modern Languages and Linguistics at 605-658-3755 or email email@example.com.
To take the exam, follow the steps below:
- Click on the link for the language you wish to test.
- Complete the required information (name, email address and your student ID number) and click “Continue.”
- All questions are multiple choice. For each question, click on the letter for the correct answer and then select “Submit Answer.”
- Note: Do not use your browser’s back button or you will be taken back to the registration screen.
- When you have completed the exam, you will be given your score and placement.
- After you have viewed your scores, click “Finished.” Your score will be made available to the language department. You will also have access to your scores using the login information you created in step 2.
- The test should be taken without any notes or other materials and in a quiet setting.