We are a recognized national leader in the area of bioinformatics and computational sciences.
Dedicated to the study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation and their application.
Master of Science (M.S.)
Computer science is a field with critical workforce needs. In fact, the U.S. Department of Labor has predicted a critical shortage in the next five to 10 years, especially in the areas of software development, data analysis, computer networks and cybersecurity. This program requires 30 credit hours to complete and includes both a thesis/non-thesis track. Choose from two specializations:
- Informatics Specialization - Develop skills in high performance computing and big data analysis, including advanced data mining methods and bioinformatics.
- Artificial Intelligence Specialization - Prepare for one of the most vital and fast-growing fields within computer science which impacts every level of society. Courses typically involve machine learning fundamentals, data mining & analysis, decision making and statistics.
Computer Science B.S./M.S. Accelerated Program (4+1)
As workforce demands for highly skilled computer scientists grow, the accelerated master’s program will enable you to leap into the highly skilled workforce. Through this program, you will finish both your bachelor's and your master's degree in only five years.
Up to nine credits applied toward the B.S. program may be used to satisfy graduate credits. Some restrictions apply:
- You must apply to, and be admitted to, the accelerated program prior to taking courses to be credited toward the accelerated program
- Only courses taken at your home institution are eligible for dual credit.
- To fulfill the undergraduate required courses, you must take graduate courses on the same topic areas
Artificial Intelligence Graduate Certificate
This certificate provides an excellent opportunity for current students or working professionals who work in data analytics with machine learning models, computational chemistry physics, business/finance and health sciences. For the AI certificate program you are not required to be a computer science major.
Online and Off Campus Options
In addition to being available on campus, the Artificial Intelligence Graduate Certificate is also available online.
For more detailed admission requirements, please refer to Computer Science in the current graduate catalog. Additional requirements exist for international applicants. For more information, visit International Admission Requirements. For additional details about the graduate computer science programs, contact Graduate Admissions at 605-658-6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Classroom & Beyond
Our internships are designed to give you actual experience working in a computer oriented organization and an awareness of the organization's position in the community.
ACM is a major force in advancing the skills of information technology professionals and students worldwide.
Bioinformatics works to develop production quality bioinformatics software and media tools for students, professors and researchers.