South Dakota Council on Economic Education (SDCEE)improves the quality and quantity of statewide economic and financial literacy education.
We provide teacher training programs, educational material development and effective distribution of resources through a statewide lending library and web page. These activities focus on teaching basic economic concepts to students in kindergarten through 12th grade and to adults through community programs.
The SDCEE is part of the outreach services of the Beacom School of Business. Partnerships and affiliations with statewide, national and international organizations enable the Council to meet the needs of the citizens of South Dakota. For more information and to gain access to SDCEE resources please email SDEconEd@usd.edu.
Partnerships & Affiliations
- Citibank, S.D.
- Wells Fargo
- Mt. Rushmore Black Hills Gold Co.
- Butler Machinery Company
- Spearfish Forest Products, Inc.
- Triple 7 Ranch
- Foundation for Teaching Economics
- School of Mines Institute for Atmospheric Sciences
- Beacom School of Business
- Academy of Finance
- Black Hills State University
- International Association for Citizenship, Social & Economics Education
- South Dakota State University
Workshops are held at various times throughout the year.