Before You Start
- Return signed letter acceptance of offer (if applicable) to your department prior to your hire date.
- Determine if your employment authorization and visa (if applicable) documents are current. All foreign national employees must report to Payroll to complete their new employee paperwork on their first day of work.
- Parking permit (optional) available at the Business Office.
On Your First Day of Work
Complete necessary paperwork including your W-4, I-9 with appropriate documentation and Direct Deposit form. You can find these on the myUSD portal New Employee Onboarding page. Your USD login is required to access myUSD.
During Your First Two Weeks
- Enroll for Health/Life Insurance
- Complete all forms in orientation packets
New Employee Orientation
Orientation provides new faculty and staff an introduction to USD and a chance to meet other new employees. It includes benefits orientation and valuable information about a variety of employee services, resources and privileges. For a schedule of orientation times, see the myUSD portal New Employee Onboarding page.
All foreign national employees must report to Human Resources/Payroll to complete new hire paperwork on or before their first day of employment. Please contact Human Resources/Payroll at 605-677-5671 to set up an appointment.